This documentation is for the version of Rally currently under development. Were you looking for the documentation of the latest stable version?
You want to benchmark Elasticsearch? Then Rally is for you. It can help you with the following tasks:
- Setup and teardown of an Elasticsearch cluster for benchmarking
- Management of benchmark data and specifications even across Elasticsearch versions
- Running benchmarks and recording results
- Finding performance problems by attaching so-called telemetry devices
- Comparing performance results
We have also put considerable effort in Rally to ensure that benchmarking data are reproducible.
Getting Help or Contributing to Rally¶
- Run a Benchmark: Races
- Compare Results: Tournaments
- Tips and Tricks
- Command Line Reference
- Offline Usage
- Track Reference
- Configure Elasticsearch: Cars
- Using Elasticsearch Plugins
- Telemetry Devices
- Rally Daemon
- Summary Report
- Cumulative indexing time of primary shards
- Cumulative indexing time across primary shards
- Cumulative indexing throttle time of primary shards
- Cumulative indexing throttle time across primary shards
- Cumulative merge time of primary shards
- Cumulative merge count of primary shards
- Cumulative merge time across primary shards
- Cumulative refresh time of primary shards
- Cumulative refresh count of primary shards
- Cumulative refresh time across primary shards
- Cumulative flush time of primary shards
- Cumulative flush count of primary shards
- Cumulative flush time across primary shards
- Cumulative merge throttle time of primary shards
- Cumulative merge throttle time across primary shards
- Merge time (
- ML processing time
- Median CPU usage
- Total Young Gen GC
- Total Old Gen GC
- Index size
- Store size
- Translog size
- Total written
- Heap used for
- Segment count
- Service time
- Error rate
- Migration Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- A benchmark aborts with
Couldn't find a tar.gz distribution. What’s the problem?
- Where does Rally get the benchmark data from?
- Will Rally destroy my existing indices?
- What does latency and service_time mean and how do they related to the took field that Elasticsearch returns?
- Where and how long does Rally keep its data?
- Does Rally spy on me?
- Do I need an Internet connection?
- A benchmark aborts with
- Community Resources
This software is licensed under the Apache License, version 2 (“ALv2”), quoted below.
Copyright 2015-2019 Elasticsearch <https://www.elastic.co>
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the “License”); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an “AS IS” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.